Currently we have a slurmdbd that is our main production, and thus under heavy traffic with query restrictions (1 week at a time currently). We also archive data that is older than 6 months so that the database stays lean and mean. This serves the purpose well for general day to day but limits us in terms of doing larger queries for the sake of summary statistics and billing. What I would like to stand up is a second slurmdbd that has no query restrictions and has all my historical data, while also being kept abreast of the live information coming off the cluster. Straight replication (slurmdbd or mysql) won't suffice as when I do my monthly purges, it would then propagate that purge. Likewise reimporting the archived data into an external database would be missing the current 6 months. My question is is there a clever way to run a duplicate slurmdbd that gets all the cluster traffic so it stays up to date, while also not purging data? Also in such as way that I could say have the duplicate slurmdbd offsite and not drag down cluster performance (as really the cluster should lean on the active database that is more proximate)? Looking at the documentation I can see an obvious method for HA, and AccountingStorageExternalHost which looks like it might work but may drag down performance due to needing to wait for DB operations to complete there. I'm curious if other sites have solved this. Summary programs like XDMod are useful but having the raw data available to cross check and process in new ways is what we are really looking for. Thanks in advance. -Paul Edmon-