[slurm-users] Mismatch between scontrol and sacctmgr ?

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Fri Sep 22 08:03:26 UTC 2023

Hello again, all!

I'm having another issue. It seems there's something not working
correctly with reservations when it comes to accounting.

The reservations have been created and are being enforced by Slurm. But
"sreport reservation utilization" returns an empty table.

I noticed that there's a mismatch between scontrol and sacctmgr views of
the system state:

[root at ophslurm db_dump]# scontrol show res
ReservationName=prj-first StartTime=2023-07-31T14:41:23
EndTime=2025-10-31T00:00:00 Duration=822-10:18:37
    Nodes=mtx[21-22] NodeCnt=2 CoreCnt=192 Features=(null)
PartitionName=(null) Flags=SPEC_NODES
    TRES=cpu=384
    Users=(null) Groups=power-users Accounts=(null) Licenses=(null)
State=ACTIVE BurstBuffer=(null) Watts=n/a
    MaxStartDelay=(null)
[...others]

[root at ophslurm db_dump]# sacctmgr show reserv
    Cluster            Name                           TRES
TimeStart             TimeEnd UnusedWall

And the clustername_resv_table in the DB is actually empty.
What can I do to reconcile their views?

PS: clustername_job_table.id_resv does have 15 different values
(including 0).

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia