[slurm-users] Slurm versions 23.02.6 and 22.05.10 are now available (CVE-2023-41914)

Kilian Cavalotti kilian.cavalotti.work at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 23:53:12 UTC 2023

Those CVEs are indeed for different software (one for PMIx, one for
Slurm), even though they're ultimately for the same kind of underlying
problem (chown() being used instead of lchown(), which could lead in
taking over privileged files).

The Slurm patches include more fixes related to permissions and race
conditions, but both vulnerabilities have been discovered and reported
by the same person (Hi François! ;).

CHeers,
--
Kilian