[slurm-users] Site factor plugin example?

Reed Dier reed.dier at focusvq.com
Mon Oct 16 15:31:35 UTC 2023

Hi Angel and Loris,

I hope this will be of at least some help, as I was tasked with trying to get site factor implemented in our cluster for the sake of making conformant, predictable priority values that were “pretty” and round, and I was not able to find any good documentation for it either.
I had originally hoped it could be set in slurm.conf or something, since I just wanted/needed a constant value, but this was the solution that worked for us.
That said, the only way I was able to make this work was by adding it to our existing job_submit.lua.

> function slurm_job_submit(job_desc, part_list, submit_uid)
>    job_desc.site_factor = {{ site_factor_num }}
>    return slurm.SUCCESS
> end

This is a heavily dialed down copy of our job_submit.lua script, but we set the site_factor_num as a constant because of what we were trying to achieve, and we stuck that line in the slurm_job_submit function.
Hope that helps send y’all down the correct rabbit hole.

Cheers,
Reed