[slurm-users] ulimits

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Thu Nov 16 20:37:42 UTC 2023

The pam_slurm.so<http://pam_slurm.so> module has an impact on these values, if you are using it.

--
#BlackLivesMatter
____
|| \\UTGERS,     |---------------------------*O*---------------------------
||_// the State  |         Ryan Novosielski - novosirj at rutgers.edu
|| \\ University | Sr. Technologist - 973/972.0922 (2x0922) ~*~ RBHS Campus
||  \\    of NJ  | Office of Advanced Research Computing - MSB A555B, Newark
     `'

On Nov 16, 2023, at 15:00, Ozeryan, Vladimir <Vladimir.Ozeryan at jhuapl.edu> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am having the following issue, on the compute nodes “POSIX message queues” is set to unlimited for soft and hard limits.
However, when I do “srun -w node01 --pty bash -I” and then once I am in the node I do “cat /proc/SLURMPID/limits” it shows that “Max msgqueue size” is set to 819200 for both soft and hard limits.
Where is it being set and how do I change it?

Thank you,

Vlad Ozeryan
AMDS – AB1 Linux-Support
Vladimir.Ozeryan at jhuapl.edu<mailto:Vladimir.Ozeryan at jhuapl.edu>