[slurm-users] job_desc.pn-min-memory in LUA jobsubmit-plugin

Marx, Wolfgang wolfgang.marx at tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Nov 16 07:51:08 UTC 2023

Hello,

we are using Slurm Version 23.02.3 and are working on a job_submit-plugin written in LUA.

During the development of the script we found out, that values we give for
--mem will appear in the job-submit-plugin in the variable job_desc.pn-min-memory
and for
--mem-per-cpu will appear in the variable job_desc.min_mem_per_cpu

During our tests we now see a strange behavior:
When we start a job without --mem or --mem-per-cpu , job_desc.pn-min-memory shows up with the value  1.844674407371e+19
When we start a job without --mem but --mem-per-cpu is set, job_desc.pn-min-meory shows up with the value 9.2233720368548e+18

Why does the NO_VAL value for --mem differs depending if --mem-per-cpu is set or not ?

In the documentation i could not find a proper explanation.

Kind regards
    Wolfgang

Wolfgang Marx, Basisdienste, Gruppe Hochleistungrechnen
Technische Universität Darmstadt, Hochschulrechenzentrum
Alexanderstraße 2, 64283 Darmstadt
Tel.: +496151/16-71158
E-Mail: wolfgang.marx at tu-darmstadt.de
Web: www.hrz.tu-darmstadt.de