[slurm-users] --partition requests ignored in scripts

Bunis, Dan Daniel.Bunis at ucsf.edu
Wed Nov 8 22:02:42 UTC 2023

Hi there,

My colleagues and I have noticed that our compute cluster seems to ignore '--partition' requests when we give them as '#SBATCH --partition=<partition_name>' inside of our scripts, but it respects them when given in-line within our sbatch calls as 'sbatch --partition=<partition_name> script.sh'.  Based on some googling, it seems that both methods are meant to work, so I'm wondering if it's known what can cause the in-script methodology to NOT work for schedulers where the in-line methodology DOES work?

Thanks in advance!
Dan

Daniel Bunis, PhD
He/Him/His
Sr. Biological Data Scientist in Immunology
Data Science CoLab
University of California, San Francisco
daniel.bunis at ucsf.edu