[slurm-users] Nodes stuck in drain state

Roger Mason rmason at mun.ca
Thu May 25 17:20:00 UTC 2023

Hello,

"Groner, Rob" <rug262 at psu.edu> writes:

> A quick test to see if it's a configuration error is to set
> config_overrides in your slurm.conf and see if the node then responds
> to scontrol update.

Thanks to all who helped.  It turned out that memory was the issue.  I
have now reseated the RAM in the offending node and all seems well.

I have another node also stuck in drain that I will investigate.  I
picked up some useful tips from the replies, but if I can't get it back
on-line I hope the friendly people on this list will rescue me.

Thanks again,
Roger