[slurm-users] Nodes stuck in drain state

Roger Mason rmason at mun.ca
Thu May 25 14:30:37 UTC 2023

Ole Holm Nielsen <Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk> writes:

> 1. Is slurmd running on the node?
Yes.

> 2. What's the output of "slurmd -C" on the node?
NodeName=node012 CPUs=4 Boards=1 SocketsPerBoard=2 CoresPerSocket=2
ThreadsPerCore=1 RealMemory=6097

> 3. Define State=UP in slurm.conf in stead of UNKNOWN
Will do.

> 4. Why have you configured TmpDisk=0?  It should be the size of the
> /tmp filesystem.
I have not configured TmpDisk.  This the entry in slurm.conf for that
node:
NodeName=node012 CPUs=4 Boards=1 SocketsPerBoard=2 CoresPerSocket=2
ThreadsPerCore=1 RealMemory=10193  State=UNKNOWN

But I do notice that slurmd -C now says there is less memory than
configured.

Thanks again.

Roger