[slurm-users] slurmstepd error after upgrade to 23.02

Hagdorn, Magnus Karl Moritz magnus.hagdorn at charite.de
Wed May 24 13:29:56 UTC 2023

Hi all,
we have recently upgraded slurm to 23.02. Since then we are getting the
following error in our logs

May 21 03:23:27 s-sc-gpu001 slurmstepd[2723991]: error:
slurm_send_node_msg: hash_g_compute: REQUEST_STEP_COMPLETE has error
May 21 03:24:27 s-sc-gpu001 slurmstepd[2723991]: error: hash_g_compute:
hash plugin with id:0 not exist or is not loaded

once every minute. We are using rocky 8, slurm is installed from rpms
which we build using mock. I have noticed that there might be some
package discrepancies between the mock chroot in which we build the rpm
and the versions on the nodes. At the moment this is my best guess as
to what is going on. Has anybody seen this issue before and even better
do you know how to solve it?

Regards
magnus

--