[slurm-users] HELP: error between compilation and execution on gpu cluster

Juergen Salk juergen.salk at uni-ulm.de
Fri May 19 09:14:07 UTC 2023

Hi,

I am not sure if this related to GPUs. I rather think the issue has to do with
how your OpenMPI has been built.

What does ompi_info command show? Look for "Configure command line" in
the output. Does this include '--with-slurm' and '--with-pmi' flags?

To my very best knowledge, both flags need to be set for OpenMPI to
work with srun.

Also see:

https://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=slurm#slurm-direct-srun-mpi-apps

https://slurm.schedmd.com/mpi_guide.html#open_mpi