[slurm-users] Slurmdbd High Availability

Shaghuf Rahman shaghuf at gmail.com
Wed May 17 14:23:54 UTC 2023

Thanks ole for your input.

I'm looking for the best fit solution so have a quick question related to
slurmctld backup as well.

I tested the read write speed on our NAS storage and local HDD, turns out
the speed on local HDD is much higher than NAS storage. The r/w speed on
NAS Storage is 250mb/s and on local HDD it's about 800-900mb/s.

1. I have a Storage NAS flashbox with r/w speed around 300-400 MB/s so
wanted to know if this will suffice the requirement for setting up the
slurmctld backup.Are there going to be any issue or impact?
2. Is it fine to implement it on NAS Storage?
3. What will be the prerequisite of setting up the slurmctld backup?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Thanks,
Shaghuf Rahman