[slurm-users] Limit run time of interactive jobs

Angel de Vicente angel.de.vicente at iac.es
Sat May 6 07:38:22 UTC 2023

Hi Marko,

Marko Markoc <mmarkoc at pdx.edu> writes:

> Quick question. Is there a way to limit the runtime on a partition
> only for salloc ? I would like for batch jobs to have a default max
> runtime of the partition but interactive jobs to have shortened
> allowed runtime.

I'm also interested in this (in my case to allow oversubscription only
for interactive jobs), but as far as I know, that is not possible in
general.

But one possible way to something similar is to have a partition only
for interactive jobs and a different partition for batch jobs, and then
enforce that each job uses the right partition. In order to do this, I
think we can use the Lua contrib module (check the job_submit.lua
example).

Cheers,
--
Ángel de Vicente
 Research Software Engineer (Supercomputing and BigData)

 GPG: 0x8BDC390B69033F52