[slurm-users] Several slurmdbds against one mysql server?

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Mon May 1 09:43:13 UTC 2023

Hi Angel,

As Brian wrote:

> On a technical note: slurm keeps the detailed accounting data for each cluster in separate TABLES within a single database.

In the Federation page https://slurm.schedmd.com/federation.html it is
implicitly assumed that the sacctmgr command talks only to a single
slurmdbd instance.  It is not, however, explicitly stated as an answer to
your question.

You can see in another presentation that there is only a *single* slurmdbd
in a federated multi-cluster scenario:
https://slurm.schedmd.com/SLUG18/slurm_overview.pdf
Look at slide 28 "Typical Enterprise Architecture".

/Ole