[slurm-users] cgroups issue

Boris Yazlovitsky borisyaz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 14:26:25 UTC 2023

I sent this a while ago - don't know if it got to the mailing list:

I'm running slurm 23.02.0 on ubuntu 14.04
when a batch job is submitted, getting this message in the error file:

slurmstepd: error: common_file_write_content: unable to write 1 bytes to
cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/memory/slurm/uid_1000/memory.use_hierarchy: Device or
resource busy
slurmstepd: error: unable to set hierarchical accounting for /slurm/uid_1000
slurmstepd: error: Could not find task_cpuacct_cg, this should never happen
slurmstepd: error: Cannot get cgroup accounting data for 0

This happens for both batch and interactive jobs.

any pointers will be most appreciated.

thanks!
Boris