[slurm-users] PreemptExemptTime

Christopher Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Tue Mar 7 20:40:01 UTC 2023

On 3/7/23 6:46 am, Groner, Rob wrote:

> Over global settings are PreemptMode=SUSPEND,GANG and
> PreemptType=preempt/partition_prio.  We have a high priority partition
> that nothing should ever preempt, and an open partition that is always
> preemptable.  In between is a burst partition.  It can be preempted if
> the high priority partition needs the resources.  That's the partition
> we'd like to guarantee a 1 hour run time on.  Looking at the sacctmgr
> man page, it gives this info on QOS

Just a quick comment, here you're talking about both partitions and
QOS's with respect to preemption, I think for this you need to pick just
one of those options and only use those configs. For instance we just
use QOS's for preemption and our exempt time works in that case.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Chris
--