[slurm-users] Too many associations
Jackson, Gary L.
Gary.Jackson at jhuapl.edu
Thu Jun 29 18:19:52 UTC 2023
We have a set of idiosyncratic requirements imposed on us:
1. There are on the order of 10^3 different budget codes. Maybe even 10^4 once this thing gets cooking. That list will change a little bit every day, and may change a lot at certain times of the year.
2. There are on the order of 10^2 different users.
3. Any user can submit a job to any budget code.
4. A job must be associated with exactly one budget code.
5. Only a very small subset of those budget codes will actually get used, but they will not be enumerated beforehand.
Is there any way to do this that avoids both:
1. Creating an unmanageable number of associations.
2. Doesn’t have a loophole that permits violation of (4) above, which various script-based enforcements do.
I’ve considered automatically managing that ridiculously long list of associations, but that just seems like a bad idea.
More information about the slurm-users