[slurm-users] How to set default partition in slurm configuration

Xaver Stiensmeier xaverstiensmeier at gmx.de
Wed Jan 25 14:03:59 UTC 2023

Dear slurm-user list,

I am aware that this question sounds very simple and it should be
resolved by just taking one look at the documentation, but for some
reason I am unable to find where I can set the default partition in the
slurm configuration.

For me it feels like simply the last added configuration becomes
automatically the default configuration, but I might be wrong in this
assessment of the situation. However, I would prefer just setting a key
instead of fiddling around with the positioning of partition definitions.

I only found reference to the "default partition" in `JobSubmitPlugins`
and this might be the solution. However, I think this is something so
basic that it probably shouldn't need a plugin so I am unsure.

Can anyone point me towards how setting the default partition is done?

Best regards,
Xaver Stiensmeier