[slurm-users] Debian dist-upgrade?

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Tue Jan 24 09:09:23 UTC 2023

Hello,

is there anyone using plain Debian with Slurm (as provided by the OS repository),
who might have suggestions for our upgrade from Buster to Bullseye?
Of course we'd like to keep the database (user definitions and job history), but
We're now running version 18.08.5.2 (Buster's version) while Bullseye comes with
20.11.x, which is beyond the 2-version upgrade range. Is there hope (and how to
verify that) that a dist-upgrade would do the right thing?

Thanks,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)