[slurm-users] srun with &&, |, and > oh my!

Chandler admin at genome.arizona.edu
Tue Jan 24 02:22:54 UTC 2023

I want to run a command like: cmd1 infile1 | cmd2 opt2 arg2 | cmd3 opt3 arg3 -- > outfile && cmd4 opt4 arg4
Which runs fine at any prompt.

I'm afraid to just put `srun` at the beginning though, would it run the whole set of commands on the compute node?  I don't want to try it because it involves sending a bunch of data to stdout and then back into the other programs.  I think it might only run `cmd1 infile1` on the compute node and then the rest will try and run on the head node?