[slurm-users] srun jobfarming hassle question

Ohlerich, Martin Martin.Ohlerich at lrz.de
Thu Jan 19 08:28:44 UTC 2023

Helle Björn-Helge.

Thank for reminding me /sys/fs for checking OOM issues. I lost that already out of sight again.

In this case, there are more steps involved (one for each srun call). I'm not sure whether cgroup handles each separately, or just on a node-base. If the latter ... why do I have to specify --mem at all in each single srun-step call? That is somehow illogical, imho. I mean that would semantically mean "Please tell me the resources you in order to find reasonable slots to run you task. But don't worry! On a node, I anyway do not care much. Do as you like, as long as the node's total memory consumption is below the threshold ...!" ;)

Anyway. I will see soon. My current user who I support with that is using quite memory-consumping stuff (bioinformatics) 😁

Thank you again!
Cheers, Martin