[slurm-users] Job cancelled into the future

Reed Dier reed.dier at focusvq.com
Tue Jan 17 17:29:10 UTC 2023

So I was going to take a stab at trying to rectify this after taking care of post-holiday matters.

Paste of the $CLUSTER_job_table table where I think I see the issue, and now I just want to sanity check my steps to remediate.
https://rentry.co/qhw6mg <https://rentry.co/qhw6mg> (pastebin alternative because markdown is paywalled for pastebin).

There are a number of job steps with a timelimit of 4294967295, where as the others of the same job array are 525600.
Obviously I want to edit those time limits to sane limits (match them to the others).
I don’t see anything in the $CLUSTER_step_table that looks like it would need to be modified to match, though I could be wrong.

But then the part of getting slurm to pick it up is where I’m wanting to make sure I’m on the right page.
Should I manually update the mod_time timestamp and slurm will catch that at its next rollup?
Or will slurm catch the change in the time limit at update the mod_time when it sees it upon rollup?

I also don’t see any documentation stating how to manually trigger a rollup, either via slurmdbd.conf or command line flag.
Will it automagically perform a rollup at some predefined, non-configurable interval, or when restarting the daemon?

Apologies if this is all trivial information, just trying to measure twice and cut once.

Appreciate everyone’s help so far.

Thanks,
Reed