[slurm-users] priority access and QoS

Marko Markoc mmarkoc at pdx.edu
Wed Feb 22 21:51:52 UTC 2023

Hi All,

Currently in our environment we only have default one "free" tier of access
to our resources and we are looking to add additional higher priority tier
access. That means that the jobs from the users that "purchased" a certain
amount of service units will preempt jobs of the users in the free tier. I
was thinking of using slurm QoS to achieve this by adding users/groups via
sacctmgr to this newly created QoS tier but I wanted to check with all of
you if there is a better way to accomplish this through slurm. Also,
could GrpTRESMins be used to automatically keep track of SU usage by a
certain user or group or is there some better usage tracking mechanism ?

Thank You all,
Marko