[slurm-users] Debian dist-upgrade?

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Tue Feb 7 13:54:55 UTC 2023

Hi Loris,

On Tue, 2023-01-24 at 16:48:26 +0100, Loris Bennett wrote:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> Could you create/find a deb-package for a Slurm 19.x version to use as
> an intermediate?  Never having built such a package, I don't now how
> much trouble that would be.

Actually, I found a 20.02.6 version that spent quite some time in the
Debian repositories (that would be two major releases after 18.08.5
and therefore should be OK).
I was able to build Debian packages for Buster from that source package,
and *might* be able to use the dbd package to obtain a database dump
that could be further processed by Bullseye's proper slurmdbd (20.11.4).
There would be no need to use a VM, or a RH system.

> That would still be a bit of a faff and so still may not be worth it.

It's perhaps worth the attempt - but if that fails, I'd just go on with
a fresh setup (which could easily be scripted for most of the gory details).

Thanks,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)