[slurm-users] Request nodes with a custom resource?

Xaver Stiensmeier xaverstiensmeier at gmx.de
Mon Feb 6 07:39:13 UTC 2023

Dear slurm-user list,

how would you implement a custom resource requirement? For example you
have a group of nodes that has direct access to a large database so it
would be best to run jobs regarding that database on those nodes.

How would you schedule a job (let's say using srun) to work on these
nodes? Of course this would be interesting in a dynamic case, too
(assuming that the database is downloaded to nodes during job
execution), but for now I would be happy with a static solution (where
it is okay to store a value before that says something like
"hasDatabase=1" on nodes.

So I am basically looking for custom requirements.

Best regards,
Xaver Stiensmeier