[slurm-users] Enforce gpu usage limits (with GRES?)

Analabha Roy hariseldon99 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 10:08:06 UTC 2023

Hi,

Thanks, your advice worked. I used sacctmgr to create a QOS called 'nogpu'
and set MaxTRES=gres/gpu=0, then attached it to the cpu partition in
slurm.conf as

PartitionName=CPU Nodes=ALL Default=Yes QOS=nogpu MaxTime=INFINITE  State=UP

And it works! Trying to run gpu jobs in the cpu partition now fails. Qos'es
are nice!

Only thing is that the nogpu qos has a priority of 0. Should it be higher?

https://pastebin.com/VVsQAz6P

AR

--
Analabha Roy