[slurm-users] Questions about SLURM configure options

Elliott Slaughter slaughter at cs.stanford.edu
Wed Apr 26 03:28:31 UTC 2023

Hi,

I have some questions about SLURM configuration options:

--with-pmix

I was confused about this because I thought that SLURM had its own
first-party PMIx implementation, but I can't see a configuration option to
control it. (And also, building without this option does not appear to
generate a PMIx library.)

I was going to build against https://github.com/openpmix/openpmix, is that
how people normally do this?

--with-nvml

Is this required for GPU binding, or does it do something else? What would
I lose if I don't use this?

--with-hwloc

Similarly, I know what hwloc does, but what specific impact does this have
on SLURM? Do I lose CPU core binding if I don't compile this?

Thanks.

--
Elliott Slaughter

"Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do. The best way to
predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay