[slurm-users] Problem with cgroup plugin in Ubuntu22.04 and slurm 21.08.5

Angel de Vicente angel.de.vicente at iac.es
Fri Apr 21 15:58:56 UTC 2023

Hello,

Hermann Schwärzler <hermann.schwaerzler at uibk.ac.at> writes:

> which version of cgroups does Ubuntu 22.04 use?

I'm a cgroups noob, but my understanding is that both v2 and v1 coexist
in Ubuntu 22.04
(https://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/jammy/man7/cgroups.7.html). I have
another machine with Ubuntu 18.04, which also has (AFAIK) both versions
(https://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/jammy/man7/cgroups.7.html) and
where Slurm (slurm-wlm) 21.08.8-2 is installed, and I have no cgroups
issues there.

,----
| mount | grep cgroup
| cgroup2 on /sys/fs/cgroup type cgroup2 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
| cpuacct on /cgroup/cpuacct type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpuacct)
| freezer on /cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,relatime,freezer)
| cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)
`----

Thanks for any help/pointers,
--
Ángel de Vicente
 Research Software Engineer (Supercomputing and BigData)

 GPG: 0x8BDC390B69033F52