[slurm-users] Detecting non-MPI jobs running on multiple nodes

Loris Bennett loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de
Thu Sep 29 13:21:18 UTC 2022

Hi Davide,

That is a interesting idea.  We already do some averaging, but over the
whole of the past month.  For each user we use the output of seff to
generate two scatterplots: CPU-efficiency vs. CPU-hours and
memory-efficiency vs. GB-hours.  See

  https://www.fu-berlin.de/en/sites/high-performance-computing/Dokumentation/Statistik

However, I am mainly interested in being able to cancel some of the inefficient
jobs before they have run for too long.

Cheers,

Loris

--