[slurm-users] Questions about dynamic nodes

Groner, Rob rug262 at psu.edu
Wed Sep 28 13:22:55 UTC 2022

I tried a simpler test, removing the features altogether so it was just another node offering 48 CPUs.  I then started jobs asking for 24 CPUs a bunch of times.  The jobs started on every node EXCEPT t-gc-1201, and jobs went pending for resources until the "normal" nodes could return.

So at this point, I cannot come up with a working method to bring up a node dynamically and have it be useful in any way.  I'm sure I'm missing something if this actually does work for other people.  The dynamic node guides is incredibly spartan, so I believe I've covered everything there.

Rob