[slurm-users] Recommended amount of memory for the database server

Paul Edmon pedmon at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Sep 26 13:28:43 UTC 2022

It should generally be as much as you need to hold the full database in
memory.  That said if you are storing Job Envs and Scripts that will be
a lot of data, even with the deduping they are doing.  We've generally
done about 90 GB buffer size here with out much of any issue even though
our database is bigger than that.

-Paul Edmon-