[slurm-users] Providing users with info on wait time vs. run time

Hermann Schwärzler hermann.schwaerzler at uibk.ac.at
Thu Sep 15 14:08:49 UTC 2022

Hi Loris,

we try to achieve the same (I guess) - which is nudging the users in the
direction of using scarce resources carefully -  by using goslmailer
(https://github.com/CLIP-HPC/goslmailer) and a (not yet published - see
https://github.com/CLIP-HPC/goslmailer/issues/20) custom connector to
write a summary of every job to a file (next to the out-file).

goslmailer among others gives hints on how to optimize future jobs (e.g.
like this: "+ TIP: Please consider lowering the amount of requested CPU
cores in the future, your job has consumed less than half of the
requested CPU cores").

We do not yet use this in production but we will soon.

Just out of curiosity: how do you insert the output of seff into the
out-file of a job?

Regards,
Hermann