[slurm-users] License management and invoking scontrol in the prolog

Davide DelVento davide.quantum at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 17:54:34 UTC 2022

Thanks Brian for the suggestion, which I am now exploring.

The documentation is a bit cryptic for me, but exploring a few things
and checking https://funinit.wordpress.com/2018/06/07/how-to-use-job_submit_lua-with-slurm/
I suspect my slurm install (provided by cluster vendor) was not
compiled with the lua plugin installed. Do you know how to verify if
that is the case or if it's something else? I don't see a way to show
if the plugin is actually being "seen" by slurm, and I suspect it's
not.

Does anyone else have other suggestions or comment on either the
plugin or the prolog workaround?

Thanks!