[slurm-users] Prolog and job_submit

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sun Oct 30 17:23:20 UTC 2022

On 29/10/22 7:37 am, Davide DelVento wrote:

> So either I misinterpreted that "same environment as the user tasks"
> or there is something else that I am doing wrong.

Slurm has a number of different prologs that can run which can cause
confusion, and I suspect that's what's happening here.

The "Prolog" in your configuration runs as root, but its the
"TaskProlog" that runs as the user and so has access to the jobs
environment (including the environment variable you are setting).

Unfortunately it looks like the license request information doesn't get
propagated into any prologs from what I see from a scan of the
documentation. :-(

Best of luck,
Chris
--