[slurm-users] slurm-users Digest, Vol 60, Issue 19

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Wed Oct 19 06:22:22 UTC 2022

Hi Hemanta,

On 10/18/22 16:09, Hemanta Sahu wrote:
> Hi Ole,
>
> I confirm that the Slurm database has been configured and "
> AccountingStorageEnforce" parameters have been set.
>
>  >>
> [admin2 at login01 ~]$  scontrol show config | grep AccountingStorageEnforce
> AccountingStorageEnforce = associations,limits,qos,safe
>  >>

> My Question : If I have multiple users under a slurm Account and I want to
> limit user xxx to max 1000 CPU  core-minutes and user yyy to max 2000 CPUcore-minutes for all past,present
> and future jobs , what would be the best way to achieve this ?

Slurm works with a "Associations", see some information in
https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/Niflheim_system/Slurm_accounting/#associations

Under each account in the hierarchy you must define the different users
that you want.  They must have different associations (under the same
account), and you can give them different limits.  See this nice tutorial:
https://slurm.schedmd.com/slurm_ug_2012/SUG_Oct2012_DBD.pdf

You can only put limits on future jobs, not on past and running jobs.  If
you want to make limits for all of history, you need to setup "banking",
see https://slurm.schedmd.com/SLUG19/Banking.pdf

/Ole