[slurm-users] slurm_update error: Invalid node state specified

Groner, Rob rug262 at psu.edu
Tue Oct 11 15:04:01 UTC 2022

Have you checked the logs for slurmd and slurmctld?  I seem to recall that the "invalid" state for a node meant that there was some discrepancy between what the node says or thinks it has (slurmd -C) and what the slurm.conf says it has.  While there is that discrepancy and the node is invalid, you can't just tell it to resume.