[slurm-users] NVIDIA MIG question

Laurence laurence.field at cern.ch
Tue Nov 15 21:32:50 UTC 2022

Hi Rob,

Yes, those questions make sense. From what I understand, MIG should
essentially split the GPU so that they behave as separate cards. Hence
two different users should be able to use two different MIG instances at
the same time and also a single job could use all 14 instances. The
result you observed suggests that MIG is a feature of the driver i.e
lspci shows one device but nvidia-smi shows 7 devices.

I haven't played around with this myself in slurm but would be
interested to know the answers.

Laurence