[slurm-users] SLURM Array Job BASH scripting within python subprocess

Chase Schuette chaseschuette at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 23:51:25 UTC 2022

Due to needing to support existing HPC workflows. I have a need to pass a
bash script within a python subprocess. It was working great with openpbs,
now I need to convert it to SLURM. I have it largely working in SLURM
hosted on Ubuntu 20.04 except that the job array is not being populated.

I've read from another user that BASH may try to evaluate variables before
they are defined by the SLURM job. I've also seen that errors in SBATCH
directives, such as a non-alphanumeric job name, can cause SLURM to not
evaluate the following directives. Can someone advise me on when SLURM
populates variables?

I have a StackOverflow post here
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/74323372/slurm-array-job-bash-scripting-within-python-subprocess

Regards,
--

*Chase Schuette **Pronouns: He/Him/His** | Caterpillar*

*Autonomy High Performance Computing | Iowa State University Relations*

Mobile: 507-475-1949 | Email: chase.schuette at gmail.com
<chaseschuette at gmail.com> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/chaseschuette/>
Schedule 15mins here: https://calendly.com/chaseschuette