[slurm-users] SlurmDBD losing connection to the backend MariaDB

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 02:39:03 UTC 2022

RC,

In that scenario, the backup slurmdbd would take over, but then its
database would not necessarily be in sync with the 'main' database
(hence the warnings/info about it in the documentation).

For my setup, I have 2 slurmdbd hosts, but they both connect to the
same, separate, MariaDB server, which is HA. Now, I can take down the
primary slurmdbd system and the other will takeover, so I can bring them
up/down as needed for updates, etc.

If your two slurmdbd servers use different databases, you would need a
way to keep them in sync, regardless of which slurmdbd was processing
data. There are many ways to do that, but those designs fall under
MariaDB and not Slurm.

Brian Andrus