[slurm-users] upgrading slurm to 20.11

Christopher Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Tue May 17 22:37:20 UTC 2022

On 5/17/22 12:00 pm, Paul Edmon wrote:

> Database upgrades can also take a while if your database is large.
> Definitely recommend backing up prior to upgrade as well as running
> slurmdbd -Dvvvvv and not the systemd daemon as if the upgrade takes a
> long time it will kill it preemptively due to unresponsiveness which
> will create all sorts of problems.

+lots to this - it's our SOP when doing upgrades as it takes hours to do
so on a busy system that's been around for a while.

We also take routine backups and then when we're looking to do an
upgrade I'll use one of those on a test system to see how it goes.

All the best,
Chris
--
Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA