[slurm-users] [EXTERNAL] Re: gpu utilization of a reserved node

Greg Wickham greg.wickham at kaust.edu.sa
Sat May 7 09:42:53 UTC 2022

Hi Purvesh,

With some caveats, you can do:

And then post process the results with a scripting language.

The caveats? . . The -X above is returning the job allocation, which in your case it appears to be everything you need. However for a job or step that spans multiple nodes Slurm doesn’t save in the database what specific resources were allocated on each node.

“scontrol show job <jobid> -d” does display the node specific resource allocations, but this information is discarded during summarisation to Slurmdbd.

   -Greg