[slurm-users] SLURM: reconfig

Christopher Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Thu May 5 19:14:59 UTC 2022

On 5/5/22 5:17 am, Steven Varga wrote:

> Thank you for the quick reply! I know I am pushing my luck here: is it
> possible to modify slurm: src/common/[read_conf.c, node_conf.c]
> src/slurmctld/[read_config.c, ...] such that the state can be maintained
> dynamically? -- or cheaper to write a job manager with less features but
> supporting dynamic nodes from ground up?

I had said currently, because it looks like you will be in luck with the
next release (though it sounds like it needs a little config):

 From https://github.com/SchedMD/slurm/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES:

  -- Allow nodes to be dynamically added and removed from the system.
Configure
     MaxNodeCount to accomodate nodes created with dynamic node
registrations
     (slurmd -Z<feature> --conf="") and scontrol.

All the best,
Chris
--
Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA