[slurm-users] SLURM: reconfig

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Thu May 5 13:51:28 UTC 2022

Hi Tina,

On 5/5/22 14:54, Tina Friedrich wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> out of curiosity - I would assume that if running configless, one doesn't
> manually need to restart slurmd on the nodes if the config changes?

That is correct.  Just do "scontrol reconfig" on the slurmctld server.  If
all your slurmd's are truly running Configless[1], they will pick up the
new config and reconfigure without restarting.

Details are summarized in
https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/niflheim/Slurm_configuration#reconfiguration-of-slurm-conf.
  Beware that you can't add or remove nodes without restarting.  Also,
changing certain slurm.conf parameters require restarting.

/Ole

[1] https://slurm.schedmd.com/configless_slurm.html