[slurm-users] Is sacct not handling quotes properly?

David Henkemeyer david.henkemeyer at gmail.com
Wed May 4 17:00:57 UTC 2022

I am seeing what I think might be a bug with sacct.  When I do the
following:

*> sbatch --export=NONE --wrap='uname -a' --exclusive*
*Submitted batch job 2869585*

Then, I ask sacct for the SubmitLine, as such:

*> sacct -j 2869586 -o
"SubmitLine%-70"SubmitLine----------------------------------------------------------------------sbatch
--export=NONE --wrap=uname -a --exclusive*

As you can see, the quotes around 'uname -a' are gone.  Hence, that submit
line is not a valid sbatch commandline:

*> sbatch --export=NONE --wrap=uname -a --exclusivesbatch: error: Batch job
submission failed: Invalid job array specification*

Like I said, I suspect this is a bug with sacct.  But I want to make sure.
Can I somehow "peek" inside the accounting DB to see if the quotes are
there?

Perhaps there is an interaction with my bash shell, that's stripping the
quotes?  This seems unlikely to me.

Thanks in advance!

David