[slurm-users] Why is --cpu_bind not an option for sbatch? Why only srun?

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 18:40:04 UTC 2022

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say that srun actually runs things
whereas sbatch submits and runs a batch command.
How would sbatch get 'hostname' to run on a particular cpu?
Within sbatch, you could do that by using srun to run 'hostname'.
So it is the execution step that is where you would do that and those
are subsets of sbatch.

Brian Andrus