[slurm-users] Example on how to use the environment array

Benjamin Mayer benjamin.mayer at tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Mar 21 07:19:30 UTC 2022

Hi,

first of all I hope this is the right way of doing this, but let me
simply ask: After trying to add an simple variable to the
char** environment of the job_descriptor struct
in our submit plugin, I was wondering if someone could simply
give me an example of how this is done without causing an
error when slurm tries to free the resources.

>From the documentation I understand that one should simply add
an entry "VALUE=[x]" for every variable.
As I have now failed to do this without causing an immediate
crash of the slurmctld afterwards I would highly appreciate a
minimalistic example.

Yours sincerely,

Benjamin Mayer