[slurm-users] "Plugin is corrupted" message when using drmaa / debugging libslurm

Jean-Christophe HAESSIG haessigj at igbmc.fr
Tue Jun 28 16:19:28 UTC 2022

Hi,

I'm facing a weird issue where launching a job through drmaa
(https://github.com/natefoo/slurm-drmaa) aborts with the message "Plugin
is corrupted", but only when that job is placed from one of my compute
nodes. Running the command from the login node seems to work.

My cluster runs Slurm 20.11 and the issue appeared when it was migrated
to that version or the version before (19.05). It is hard to tell
because the two updates were very close.

Anyway, the message seems to originate from libslurm36 and I would like
to activate the debug messages (debug3, debug4). Is there a way to do
this with an environment variable or any other convenient method ?

I'd like to follow where exactly it fails since I compared Slurm
libraries on the compute nodes and on my login node and couldn't find a
difference. Strace didn't yield anything interesting either.

Thank you,
J.C. Haessig