[slurm-users] GrpTRESMins and GrpTRESRaw usage

Miguel Oliveira miguel.oliveira at uc.pt
Thu Jun 23 23:41:02 UTC 2022

Hi Ole,

Your script is a nice piece of scripting but I think you missed the point, if I read your script correctly!
You read limits with:

scontrol -o show assoc_mgr users=$username $selectedaccount flags=Assoc

In our case the limits are declared in a QoS and not in the association and hence will not be picked up and shown in the output.
The purpose of having them in a QoS, which you could read with:

scontrol -o show assoc_mgr users=$username $selectedaccount flags=QoS

Is to apply the nodecay flag and hence not influence fair share and priorities.

We have a sbank code what output balances and statments to users:

[root at slurmdb ~]# sbank balance

|             |                   CPU (hours)       |                   GPU (hours)       |
|     Account |       Limit       Usage   Available |       Limit       Usage   Available |
|       staff |          ND      729881          ND |          ND          18          ND |
[root at slurmdb ~]# sbank statement

|                             |                       CPU (hours)         |                       GPU (hours)         |
|      Username       Account |         Limit         Usage     Available |         Limit         Usage     Available |
|      bandrade         staff |            ND           182            ND |            ND            --            ND |
|     easybuild         staff |            ND         13210            ND |            ND            --            ND |
|     moliveira         staff |            ND          1875            ND |            ND            --            ND |
|      palberto         staff |            ND        720538            ND |            ND            --            ND |
|          root         staff |            ND       7949386            ND |            ND            --            ND |
|    ----------         staff |            ND        729881            ND |            ND            18            ND |

Best Regards,

MAO