[slurm-users] 答复: what is the possible reason for secondary slurmctld node not allocate job after takeover?

taleintervenor at sjtu.edu.cn taleintervenor at sjtu.edu.cn
Sat Jun 4 08:23:20 UTC 2022

Well, after increase slurmctld log level to debug, we do found some error related to munge like:

[2022-06-04T15:17:21.258] debug:  auth/munge: _decode_cred: Munge decode failed: Failed to connect to "/run/munge/munge.socket.2": Resource temporarily unavailable (retrying ...)

But when test munge manually, it works well between slurm2 and other compute nodes.

> munge -n | ssh node010 unmunge

The authenticity of host 'node010 (192.168.1.10)' can't be established.

RSA key fingerprint is SHA256:/fx4zQPDDPHj7df6ml0Fd0kn8cIKkSO0OgKpF+qcRDI.

Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no/[fingerprint])? yes

Warning: Permanently added 'node010,192.168.1.10' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.

Password:

STATUS:          Success (0)

ENCODE_HOST:     slurm2 (192.168.0.33)

ENCODE_TIME:     2022-06-04 16:11:35 +0800 (1654330295)

DECODE_TIME:     2022-06-04 16:11:52 +0800 (1654330312)

TTL:             300

CIPHER:          aes128 (4)

MAC:             sha256 (5)

ZIP:             none (0)

UID:             root (0)

GID:             root (0)

LENGTH:          0

Of course munge at compute nodes and unmunge at slurm2 also work well.

So what else does slurmctld required from munge? Or what is the difference between slurm auth/munge from manually munge/unmunge test?