[slurm-users] How to Make AvailableFeatures Persist after Slurmctld Restart

Sarlo, Jeffrey S JSarlo at Central.UH.EDU
Thu Jun 2 19:11:04 UTC 2022

In slurm.conf, we just add the Features to the node description.  Is that what you were looking for?

NodeName=compute-4-4 ... Weight=15 Feature=gen10

Jeff
UH IT - HPC

From: slurm-users [mailto:slurm-users-bounces at lists.schedmd.com] On Behalf Of Hanby, Mike
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2022 2:06 PM
To: slurm-users at lists.schedmd.com
Subject: [slurm-users] How to Make AvailableFeatures Persist after Slurmctld Restart

Howdy,

I can't seem to find a solution in 'man slurm.conf' for this. How can I make the following persist a slurmctld restart:

scontrol update NodeName="c001" AvailableFeatures=hi_mem,data,scratch

NodeName=c001 Arch=x86_64 CoresPerSocket=12
   CPUAlloc=2 CPUTot=48 CPULoad=6.08
   AvailableFeatures=hi_mem,data,scratch
   ActiveFeatures=hi_mem,data,scratch

Thanks for any insight,